RE: xml/rdf tables

You can use RDF repositories,
they provide a RDF interface and do all the work for you to map
the rdf into a database and access it.

either you use one of these or you copy the scripts and logic of one.

but I STRONGLY recommend using one existing repository because it will
evolve and many tools like Ontology editors are build around those !

there are many available,
have a look at the best :

- Sesame Server
http://sesame.aidministrator.nl/

- Jena
a toolkit that can be used to store rdf in a RDBMS
http://www.hpl.hp.com/semweb/jena.htm

- RDFGateway (commercial, proprietary, no database)
http://www.intellidimension.com/

- FORTH RDF Suite RDFDB
http://athena.ics.forth.gr:9090/RDF/
this one has lots of scientific work connected with it. f.e.
http://athena.ics.forth.gr:9090/RDF/publications/index.html

greetings
Leo Sauermann