Re: ANN: OWL API (Java version and XSLT version)

Roger L. Costello wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> I have implemented an OWL API.  It comes in two flavors: Java and XSLT.
>
> Here is the URL:
>
>    http://www.xfront.com/owl/api/
>
> Here is a summary of the API:

[...]

Hi Roger,

Good idea to come up with a API proposal for this purpose.

For the Sesame project[1] we have already put a lot of effort in
defining such an API for RDF Schema. You might want to take a look at
this API, which is called the SAIL API (for "Storage And Inferencing
Layer"). This SAIL API [2] defines, for example, the method

    ResourceIterator getSuperClassesOf(Resource resource, boolean direct)

which allows you to retrieve all, or only the direct, superclasses of a
specific class, and returns the URIs of these classes as an iterator.
Your OWL API could be defined as an extension to this API.

Please let me know what you think of this idea.

Kind regards,

Arjohn Kampman

[1] http://sourceforge.net/projects/sesame/
[2]