Re: Minus signs in N3 (again)

At 09:20 14/07/03 -0400, Sandro Hawke wrote:
>Meanwhile, I think forcing people to be careful with whitespace around
>operators is an iffy proposition in a modern formal language.

Merely as a data point... Haskell uses '.' as a function composition
operator (which is oft-used), and also (in a commonly used language
extension) uses it for punctuation in hierarchical module names, with the
effect that the operator form does require surrounding whitespace.

In the case of function composition, this does aesthetically seem a
reasonable way to write it, which I'm not sure would apply to arithmetic
operators, but YMMV.

#g

Graham Klyne
<GK@NineByNine.org>