RE: Proposal: new top level domain '.urn' alleviates all need for urn: URIs

I think a new top level domain is not needed, because HUMANS that use
systems I build will have to remember the domain names and I think
teaching a child "this is yahoo.com" makes enough stating where to find
the information about the concept "yahoo.com" (see plato / Parmenides of
Elea).
this is the first time in humankind that a NAME is the MEANING of it and
this is fine.

having two different things kills the human readable factor. and it is
no good design, programmers SENSE tells you to avoid redundancy.

USE OWL !!!
http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/WD-owl-guide-20030331/#sameIndividualAs
and you are done with changes.

THINK OF ROLLOUT PROBLEM
people have webservers and can easily create a few more scripts for
throwing out RDF. just a new path. thats how I would do it and how it
will probably work, together with embedding RDF in HTML. Uriqa is fine,
also f.e. Joseki. Install Joseki !

I am opposed to major changes if you can make it runnung with existing
things and well, we have the task to try it out with existing technology
and see what happens.

btw: humans hate change.

I can't tell a solution to the problem of domains but I am building
something that is based on the idea "only use URIs that are ALWAYS a
URL" and this approach is fine for me.

greetings
Leo Sauermann