RE: Proposal: new top level domain '.urn' alleviates all need for urn: URIs

I'm sorry you feel that way Graham.

My thoughts were that (a) it directly applies to URNs, for
which uri@wg.org is a key discussion list and also follows
from discussions I have had with Eric Miller and others
in the RDF community about the synergy of PURL and URIQA
for knowledge discovery, including for URN denoted resources,
for which www-rdf-interest@w3.org is an optimal place.

So, aside from whether or not a top level domain is a
realistic expectation in the short term, the posting was
IMO very much on topic for both lists in question.

As to the possibility of a new top level domain, we'll see...

Cheers,

Patrick