Re: Properties in OWL

Yongchun Gao wrote:
> Just follow your question: I have the same feeling.
>
> For example: suppose there is a property HasYield (integer), but what
> about the unit this property is using,(Kg, g, etc.)? It is the quesion
> of property about property.

Properties of properties are allowed in OWL Full.

In OWL DL classes and properties are disjoint, so you cannot express the
notion of a UML association class directly. A well-known workaround is
to define  an intermediate class, e.g. in the case of your problem a
"Quantity" class with a value and a unit property. See the measurement
example in Sec. 5.1 in OWL Reference [1].

Hope this helps,
Guus

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/owl-ref/