From: www-rdf-interest-request@w3.org
[mailto:www-rdf-interest-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Jimmy Cerra
Sent: Wednesday, 30 April 2003 5:41 PM
To: www-rdf-interest@w3.org
Subject: Representing RDF graphs as UML graphs

Hey,

Let's say we have the following N-Triples [1]:

&e;#John &e;#age 22
&e;#John &rdf;#type &e;#Person

&e;#Person &rdfs;#subClassOf &rdfs;#Class
&e;#age &rdf;#type &rdf;#Property
&e;#age &rdfs;#domain &e;#Person
&e;#age &rdfs;#range &e;#Literal

Could the above triples be represented by the following UML graph:

See http://purl.org/jfc/2003/04/30-rdf2uml.gif

I'm probably wrong, but at least this is a start.  There seems to be
very little information on the web about transforming UML graphs into
RDF triples [2,3] - and nothing on the inverse relationship.  The
purpose is to find a more concise way (relative to the standard graphic
notation) of representing RDF data that has been validated to an
RDF-schema.

--
James F. Cerra

[1] Assume that the entities map to: