RE: Representing RDF graphs as UML graphs

James Cerra (jimbobbs@hotmail.com) wrote:

> There seems to be
> very little information on the web about transforming UML graphs into
> RDF triples [2,3] - and nothing on the inverse relationship.  The
> purpose is to find a more concise way (relative to the
> standard graphic
> notation) of representing RDF data that has been validated to an
> RDF-schema.

James,

You might be interested in these papers:

Kogut, P., Cranefield, S., Hart, L., Dutra, M., Baclawski, K., Kokar, M.
and Smith, J. "UML for Ontology Development", Knowledge Engineering Review
17(1) (2002) 61-64.
[ A short overview of various research efforts related to UML and the
  Semantic Web ]

Cranefield, S.  "Networked Knowledge Representation and Exchange using UML
and RDF", Journal of Digital Information 1(8),
http://jodi.ecs.soton.ac.uk/Articles/v01/i08/Cranefield/ (2001)

Cranefield, S.  "UML and the Semantic Web", in The Emerging Semantic Web,
Cruz, I., Decker, S., Euzenat, J. and McGuinness, D. eds.  Amsterdam,
IOS Press (2002) 3-20
(An earlier version is available at
 http://www.semanticweb.org/SWWS/program/full/paper1.pdf)

- Stephen