Re: (Updated) Camera Ontology

"Richard H. McCullough" wrote:

> Rinke
> Nothing wrong with Roger's model.
> I think you're just distracted by Roger's choice of names, especially
> "optics".
>
> Perhaps this formulation will be clearer (omitting xmlns qualifiers)
>     <Class  Camera />
>     <Property  Part>  <subClassOf  ObjectProperty>  </Property>
>     <Part  body />
>     <Part  lens />
>
>     <Camera  aaa>
>         <lens  ccc>
>     </Camera>

The reason for the "optics oddity" is that I wanted Lens to be a class,
not a property.  Why?  Well, because I wanted to be able to talk about a
Lens instance, e.g.,

<Lens rdf:ID="Hasselblad_500V">
    <f-stop>...</f-stop>
    <focal-length>...</focal-length>
</Lens>

I agree that "optics" is a poor choice.  Lens would be great, but then
it wouldn't allow the above.  Suggestions?  /Roger