RE: Should the meaning of properties change dependent on structure? ( was CC/PP components)

Very good comments, Graham.

I myself think that having "chameleon" properties would negatively
impact interoperability between CC/PP specific applications and
other RDF applications operating on knowledge expressed using the
CC/PP vocabulary.

I do not believe that in RDF such "chameleon" properties where their
semantics changes contextually are kosher, and that in non-CC/PP
specific applications, ambiguity will arise if they are used.

I would then strongly reiterate Grahams suggestion that you use
different properties which each reflect the specific semantics
needed in each case, and optionally relate them with a superordinate
property that reflects the intersection of their semantics.

In any case, the semantics of a property should IMO be globally
consistent.

Cheers,

Patrick