Re: Need help developing Camera model

Hi Folks,

Thanks a lot for all your suggestions on modeling camera data!  I
haven't yet had the chance to digest all your suggestions.  I will do
that tomorrow.

In the meantime, I have a question:

Suppose the I were to model the Camera class like this:

Camera = unionOf(Body, Lens)

Read this as: "The Camera class is the union of the Body class and the
Lens class."

Suppose that Body has this property: shutter-speed.
Suppose that Lens has these properties: compatibleWith, f-stop, and
focal-length.

Question: does Camera inherit all the properties from Body and Lens?

If so, then I see that the above way of modeling the Camera data has a
major flaw: it allows compatibleWith to be a property of Camera, i.e.,

<Camera rdf:ID="Olympus-OM-10">
   <compatibleWith rdf:resource="..."/>
   <shutter-speed>1/2000 - 10 sec.</shutter-speed>
   <f-stop>4.0-4.5</f-stop>
   <focal-length>75-300mm zoom</focal-length>
</Camera>

I can probably accept shutter-speed, f-stop, and focal-length as
properties of Camera.  But compatibleWith is clearly not reasonable.

Okay, I have convinced myself that this is NOT the way to model the
Camera data.  Comments?

/Roger