RE: Multiple URIs, same resource, then what?

I believe within RDF you can only merge to produce two sets of statements:

  <rdf:Description
    rdf:about="http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd"
    dc:creator="Dave Raggett"
    dc:creator="Arnaud Le Hors"
    dc:creator="Ian Jacobs"
    dc:publisher="World Wide Web Consortium" />

  <rdf:Description
    rdf:about="urn:publicid:-:W3C:DTD+HTML+4.01:EN"
    dc:creator="Dave Raggett"
    dc:creator="Arnaud Le Hors"
    dc:creator="Ian Jacobs"
    dc:publisher="World Wide Web Consortium" />

but if you step up to OWL you could use owl:sameIndividualAs (or
owl:equivalentTo)

  <rdf:Description
    rdf:about="http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd"
    dc:creator="Dave Raggett"
    dc:creator="Arnaud Le Hors"
    dc:creator="Ian Jacobs"
    dc:publisher="World Wide Web Consortium">
 <owl:sameIndividualAs rdf:resource="urn:publicid:-:W3C:DTD+HTML+4.01:EN" />
 </rdf:Description>

(or vice versa)

so the graph is pretty dull really - just another property hanging off the
resource.

Cheeers,
Danny.