RE: URIs : How to find the ontologies behind them

But, as many folks seem to be in denial about, this does not work for
the SW, or at least for RDF, because RDF has no notion of XML namespaces
and one cannot reliably derive a namespace from a URI, and thus one
cannot reliably obtain any namespace document for a URI.

The whole notion of namespace documents are meaningless to RDF. There
are no namespaces in an RDF graph. Period.

What is needed is a standardized means to obtain knowledge about a resource
based on the *opaque* URI of the resource.

And I'm working on finalizing just such a solution. I'll post to
www-rdf-interest shortly about it.

Patrick

--
Patrick Stickler, Nokia/Finland, (+358 40) 801 9690, patrick.stickler@nokia.com