Re: URIs : How to find the ontologies behind them

Quoting "Peter F. Patel-Schneider" <pfps@research.bell-labs.com>:

> From: "Eli Israel" <Eli@SemanticWorld.Org>
> Subject: URIs : How to find the ontologies behind them
> Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2003 13:08:04 +0300
>
> > A question about URIs:
> >
> > The URI for a class does not have to point to a particular resource on
> the
> > web, it just has to be unique.  An ontology describing that entity may
> be
> > located somewhere else entirely.
> >
> > If an ontology refers to this class by its URI, how is additional, or
> even
> > primary, information about that class supposed to be found?
>
> Well, just about anywhere, at least in the general case.  For example,
> suppose that the class is rdfs:Class.  Information about rdfs:Class can
> be
> found in just about any RDF document.
This is very reminiscent of the discussion that happened when talking about
namespaces and Schema's:

"What do I put at the end a namespace URI?" which is answered at:
http://lucas.ucs.ed.ac.uk/tutorials/namespaces/#rddl

--==++
Ian Stuart

A man in serious need of a brain transplant!