RE: an algorith to query triple stores in SQL

[freed from spam filter -rrs]

Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2002 09:37:51 -0400 (EDT)
From: RLOZANO@clinic.ub.es
To: www-rdf-interest@w3.org

Suppose you are asking an ontology that holds information on multinational
companies with a hierarchical relation between them:

(A class company)
(B class company)
(C class company)
(B purchasedBy A)
(C purchasedBy B)

in this model someone  that works for C works for A too. How do you manage
this?. In general, how do you manage the problem of inheritance, which is
recursive with the proposed schema ?

But you don’t need recursive questions to have problems since you use a join
of the table with itself for each clause. So, a question with a few clauses
on a model with some thousands statements will be very inefficient.

The problem is in the data model chosen, I think is too simple.

Cheers,

Raimundo Lozano