Re: Meaning of URIRefs (No Ancient Philosophical Disputes!)

On Saturday 26 October 2002 00:04, Sandro Hawke wrote:
> One of the most
> unfortunate ramifications is that term-reusers have to accept all the
> assertions in the "definition" whether they are "definitional" or not,
> because we can't really distinguish between the two.

...in our use of human language; it comes so natural that we don't need to. We
use indirect meaning all the time though. The point here is, do we want to at
least distinguish whether x is mentioned as an indirection (whatever that
means)? May become usefull at some point. Plus the distinction will allow an
application to ignore these rules if it wishes anyway.

Cheers,

Manos