Re: The Tragedy of RSS

My understanding is that DC has no ties to RDF -- it is just a simple
set of well-defined metadata properties that work equally well in HTML,
XML, or RDF.  RSS 2.0 could (and should where the logical
definitions coincide) use DC without RDF.

In a message dated 10/4/2002 5:02:22 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
dehora@eircom.net writes:
> > > In the meantime, Dublin Core strikes me as sufficient RDF
> > for RSS 2.0.
> >
> > Point of information: Dublin Core is a bibliographic metadata
> > vocabulary which is independent from, and which predates RDF.
>
> Yes. In the context of this discussion, DC in RSS [1] is going to go
> through RDF; so with all due respect I think you're splitting hairs.
> Unless you think RDF should be cut out and DC embedded in a different
> way in RSS?

 - Mike
Michael C. Daconta
Director, Web & Technology Services