Re: bNodes wanted

On Thu, 23 May 2002, Aaron Swartz wrote:

> On Thursday, May 23, 2002, at 07:36  AM, Seaborne, Andy wrote:
>
> > A precursor to better modelling is more bNodes - and a general
> > enthusiasm to
> > use them.  I think people shy away from them at present which hurts data
> > integration (amongst other things).
>
> Could you elaborate? I've always found bNodes a bad idea, since, among
> other things, you can't refer to them and so I strongly recommend
> against them.

A bNode is a sub-part of an RDF description. Wanting to refer to the bNode
(as against the thing it represents) is like wanting to refer to the " or
' characters around some XML attribute.

I thought this thread had been done to death. It seems not :(

Can't we talk about code and implementations and test suites instead?

Dan

--
mailto:danbri@w3.org
http://www.w3.org/People/DanBri/