Don't succumb to FUD Re: Patent threat over RDF?

At 12:36 PM 1/2/2002 -0500, Dan Brickley wrote:

> ..  I'd like to avoid discussion of this
>blowing up into a huge fuss in the meantime.

yeah, like until some representative of a patent holder gets
more specific about _precisely_ what claims they believe
might be infringed, we're wasting our time with any worrying.

I like Jonathan Borden's advice.  The purpose of the letter
that Uche and Jeff Barr reported to have received seems
nothing other than to induce FUD.  Don't let it.

>Meanwhile, I suggest we try to carry on with life as normal on
>www-rdf-interest.... for eg., I am always interested in historical
>references on ...

amen.  And mailto:www-rdf-interest@w3.org is a fine place
to archive any history relevant to users, implementors, and
architects of RDF.

(kudos, DanBri, for making this forum such an active one :)