Re: A Rough Guide to Notation3

From: "Peter F. Patel-Schneider" <pfps@research.bell-labs.com>

> You could forbid all self-referential sentences.  However, some
> self-referential sentences are interesting, and forbidding any form of
> self-reference goes against the RDF philosophy of being able to say
> anything about anything.

Well, it seems to me, that right now we can't even say in RDF that {<A>
ex:notType <B>} where 'ex:notType' is the negation of 'rdf:type'.  Can we?
If so, how?  If not,  what do you mean that  RDF's has a philosophy of being
able to say anything about anything?

Also, can you privide a single 'interesting' case of ?x and ?y in the form:
   <S1>~{<S1> ?x ?y}
where the '~' indicates that <S1> is the identity of the RDF triple
   {<S1> ?x ?y} ?
I can't think of any.

Seth Russell
http://robustai.net/sailor/