RE: Survey of RDF data on the Web

Hi Andreas,

On Thu, 15 Aug 2002, Andreas Eberhart wrote:

> > it would be very interesting to see an RDF/XML version of this
> > survey shared with the RDF Interest Group
>
> I put the output files generated by the RDF API on the website. Hope this
> helps.

Great, thanks. I took  quick look. The .zip seems to contain one
re-serialized RDF document per RDF document your tools discovered, is that
correct?

> Maybe someone can give me a pointer as to what would be a good way of
> exporting this long subject, predicate, object list in the database as RDF.
> The problem are the predicates. Can I avoid declaring all the required
> namespaces?

The approach I took was to summarise property and class occurance by
writing RDF like:

<stat:PropertyCount>
<stat:property rdf:resource="http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/mbox" />
<stat:count>821</stat:count>
</stat:PropertyCount>

<stat:PropertyCount>
<stat:property
rdf:resource="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#type" />
<stat:count>2157</stat:count>
</stat:PropertyCount>

...for properties, and similar for classes.

I'm not sure how this compares to what you're hoping to do.

My stats were per the entire aggregate database, not per RDF document
indexed. Maybe both would be useful...? (my dataset is focussed on small,
interlinked RDF docs though, so the stats per document will usually be
low).

Dan