Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2002 12:43:58 -0400 (EDT)
From: Lyle Ungar <ungar@central.cis.upenn.edu>
To: collab@sims.berkeley.edu
Subject: [collab@sims] Alkindi CF code now in the public domain

The software for a commercial strength recommender system, developed
by the (late) Alkindi corporation (they did movie recommendations), is
now in the public domain.  I met a number of the developers when I
served on their advisory board, and was impressed by them and their
technical skills. The code is designed to be scalable and appears to
now be entirely "free of strings."

For details (and the code), see:

http://mappa.mundi.net/signals/memes/alkindi.shtml

- Lyle

--

Prof. Lyle H. Ungar
Dept. of Comp. and Info. Sci.   (215) 898-7449