Comparing DAML+OIL, RDF Schema, and XML Schema

[freed from spam trap -rrs]

 Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2001 06:49:21 -0400 (EDT)
 To: www-rdf-interest@w3.org
 From: Yolanda Gil <gil@ISI.EDU>
 Cc: gil@ISI.EDU, varunr@ISI.EDU

We are making available a comparison table that we created to understand
the tradeoffs and differences among markup languages along common
knowledge representation requirements.  It compares XML Schema,
RDF Schema, and DAML+OIL.  For each dimension of comparison, the
table includes a description of how each language handles that issue and
hyperlinks to examples.

The comparison is available from our project web page
http://trellis.semanticweb.org
(full path is
http://trellis.semanticweb.org/expect/web/semanticweb/comparison.html).

We are writing a paper describing this work in detail, as a way for
other people to
learn about semantic markup languages.  Comments and suggestions will be very
much appreciated!

Yolanda Gil and Varun Ratnakar

--
   Yolanda Gil
   Senior Research Scientist and Project Leader, USC/ISI