Re: Toying with an idea: RDF Protocol

Aaron Swartz <aswartz@swartzfam.com> writes:

> Johan Hjelm, Nippon Ericsson KK <johan.hjelm@era-t.ericsson.se> wrote:
>
> > Er... I thought this was exactly what the XML Protocol activity
> > was supposed to do?
>
> This terminology continues to be confusing. I simply meant a binding
> for sending complete XML files over TCP. The XML Protocol appears to
> be aiming at something a bit higher-level (as does SOAP).

Johan is correct.  As Henrik mentioned, the RDF Protocol binding for
TCP that I described would work equally well for SOAP.

If you're thinking of some kind of "XML wrapper" that holds message
and routing information about the content of the message (which may be
RDF, XHTML, or RPCs), then XML Protocol's "envelope" is the current
effort towards a generic XML protocol.

  -- Ken