Re: What to do about namespace derived URI refs... (long)

"Sean B. Palmer" wrote:

> > [1] http://robustai.net/~seth/index.htm
> > [2] http://robustai.net/~seth/index.htm#Truth
>
> O.K., TimBL has actually argued against using URLs as in [1] for
> concepts, because they do represent retrievable entities according to
> the HTTP specification.

Do you have a reference for Tim's  "argument"?   In a similar thread on the URI
list not too long ago, Dan Conolly argued (quite strongly) in favor of using
HTTP URLs for non-retrievable entities. I  assume that Dan's thinking would be
aligned with Tim's?  Maybe there's an actual W3C position on this, somewhere?

I've given up trying to get through all the messages on this thread, but I sure
would like to see it resolved one way or the other.

--Ray

--
Ray Denenberg
Library of Congress