Re: Summary of the QName to URI Mapping Problem

On Friday, August 17, 2001, at 08:04  AM,
Patrick.Stickler@nokia.com wrote:

> c.f. http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-rdf-
> interest/2001Jun/0151.html

Claim 1: Agreed.

Claim 2: Agreed.

Claim 3: You seem to be saying that RDF/XML's use of QNames for
properties does not work for all URIs/URI schemes. Agreed, this
is on the issue list. This is not an issue with RDF, but merely
its XML serialization. Would you be happy with a way of spelling
out the property, like the difference between foo:bar and
<http://foo/bar> in N3? That seems like the minimum necessary
solution. I'd imagine something like:

<rdf2:propName
rdf2:name="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/date">value</rdf2:propName>

(I'm not suggesting that the RDF Core WG actually add this,
merely providing it as an example of a possible solution.)

Claim 4: I see no reason why different QNames need to map to
disjunct resources. Why is this necessary?

However, you seem to go on from these claims to all sorts of
crazy redefinitions of RDF.

--
       "Aaron Swartz"      |              The Semantic Web
  <mailto:me@aaronsw.com>  |  <http://logicerror.com/semanticWeb-long>