Re: On the integration of Topic Maps and RDF

Martin,

You and Stefan made a very good step on the road of information
interoperability.
In addition to your work you might be interested in the fact that I'm
working actually on the semantic interoperability (matching the
senses/meanings) (your semantic layer) of semantic networks.
The first step in the semantic mapping is the comparison of structured
data (database, rdf, xtm, daml+oil, ...) to an existing network (Notion
System), the second step will handle unstructured data.
Basically it consist in a mapping of the nodes, relationships and
attributes of two information networks (that can be of any kind) in an
automatic way. When ID's are available that establish the mapping this
is straightforward, but if there is no ID-mapping then things get a bit
more complex.
The datasets I'm using are WordNet and Notion System and the first
results are quite promising.
Within a few days you should be able to see the "fact sheets" and the
conclusions drawn in the pages on Notion System's website.
I'll keep you informed about the progresses.

Friendly greetings

Ronald Poell

--
Ronald Poell