Re: Comments on Jena Paper

On Monday, July 30, 2001, at 05:50  PM, Brian McBride wrote:

>> In http://www-uk.hpl.hp.com/people/bwm/papers/20001221-paper/
>> you wrote:
>>
>>> Each such URI defines a new resource.  Thus there may be many
>>> resources which represent the same tree.
>>
>> Do you have evidence to support this claim? I have heard it as
>> an opinion several times but I was curious whether this was
>> clarified in any document.
>
> What exactly is the claim you think that is being made.  I think the
> claim the paper is making is that the interpretation of M&S on which I
> based my implementation had resources 'identified' rather than 'named'
> by a URI.

Sorry, perhaps my wording was a bit confusing. What I meant was:

Are there documents that led you to this view on the nature of
URIs and Resources?
Also, how exactly does this view affect Jena?

Apologies if the second question is answered by your paper. I am
currently without an Internet connection and seem to have
deleted my copy of the paper.

--
       "Aaron Swartz"      |           Blogspace
  <mailto:me@aaronsw.com>  |  <http://blogspace.com/about/>