Re: Some thoughts on the semantics of domain and range (was: Re: RDFS bug "A property can have at most one range property")

From: Natalya Fridman Noy <noy@SMI.Stanford.EDU>
Subject: Re: Some thoughts on the semantics of domain and range (was:   Re: RDFS    bug "A property can have at most one range property")
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 16:28:10 -0700

> In fact, OKBC adopted the disjunctive semantics for domains and ranges of
> slots (perhaps, for practical reasons), and it seemed to work well there.
>
> Natasha

I don't see where OKBC did adopt the disjunctive semantics for this.  In
fact, on page 16 of Open Knowledge Base Connectivity 2.0.3 (Proposed),
which is the most recent document I could find, there is the statement:

	Note that if slot :DOMAIN of a slot S has multiple values C1,...,Cn
	then the domain of slot S is constrained to be the intersection of
	classes C1,...,Cn.

which indicates to me that OKBC using the conjunctive semantics for domains
of slots.

peter