Re: Namespace squatting: please don't

So... that was slightly on the tough side, though from a technical point
of view I agree. Whatever happened to 'anyone can say anything about
anything' (at risk of being disbelieved) as a Web architecture
principle? Sergey's asserting that the RDF M+S namespace contains some
stuff that W3C hadn't mentioned/described (yet?). Since it's not his
namespace, I'm not inclined to believe him, but he can
make those RDF assertions nonetheless. BTW the M+S spec (for better or
worse)  does appear to anticipate future additions to existing namespaces,
http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-rdf-syntax/#grammar

	When an RDF
	processor encounters an XML element or attribute name that is
	declared to be from a namespace whose name begins with the string
	"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-rdf-syntax" and the processor does not
	recognize the semantics of that name[....]

Anyhow, a handy service for this sort of thing is the PURL redirector run
by OCLC, http://purl.org/    This lets you sign up and manage a namespace,
redirected to wherever the content happens to reside. For example
http://purl.org/rss/ points at Egroups right now, though likely not
forever. I'd encourage RDF implementors concerned about transient
namespace URIs to consider using the PURL server...

Dan