Re: aboutEachPrefix: what to do?

At 09:18 AM 9/13/00 -0400, Dan Brickley wrote:
[...]
> > I think that either:
> > (a) the functionality reasonably exists as part of a tool for gathering
> RDF
> > statements, or
>
>I'm not sure quite what you mean here. Nor why the contrast with (b).
>
> > (b) can be modelled as an RDF property, rather than as part of the RDF
> core
> > specification.

The distinction I had in mind was that in case (a), the matching is
performed externally by some tool and never appears explicitly in an RDF
model.  Rather, a model just contains statements resulting from application
of such a tool.  This has the disadvantage that it cannot create
descriptions applying to changes in (say) a web site after the tool is
originally run.

I think we're broadly in understanding about case (b).  I do have mild
reservations about using regexp here;  it feels like mixing up the layers
(lexical and logical).  But I could probably be persuaded it's the
only/reasonable way for some applications.

#g

Graham Klyne
(GK@ACM.ORG)