Re: How?

William Loughborough wrote:

> At 04:36 PM 11/22/00 +0000, Sean Palmer wrote:
> >why don't you just write your own little schema for it, and use it:-
>
> A) I don't even have a clear idea of what a schema is.
> B) Even knowing what one is wouldn't make me able to write one. E.g. I know
> what a symphony is, but I can't really write one.

I don't think you need to write a schema at all to use RDF.   Just make up your own
properties without writing schemas like I do.  (I'll probably get flamed on that
one.)  If the words become popular then you could write the schema.

> Of course my main reason for twitting the rdf-interest group is to let them
> know that none of this stuff will happen so long as it's in the hands of
> the "keepers of the flame" and not available to anyone with a match. I got
> replies (from Seth and others) that zoomed right over my pointy little head.

Well I couldn't agree with you more.  Twit away !!!   Don't let nerds like myself
confuse you with our bozometry.  I think with this stuff "out loud" .. it's the
only way I know how to get from here to there.

> So in two messages to rdf-interest ("When?" and "How?") I have answers
> ranging from "you can already do it, just..." to "of course it won't validate".
>
> Now I'm not totally unsophisticated in these matters and I know if I
> immersed myself in learning how to do more I could probably "just include
> the RDF" or some such but how about the other 99.3% of the potential
> authors of Webstuff? Those who have no clue whatsoever as to what "http"
> signifies? Those who use a popular authoring tool or the "save as HTML"
> feature of MS Word? What is the answer to "How?" for them? And when will
> they have their "When?"

I think every web authoring tool should include a standard feature where you
choose a questionnaire before you click save.  People would be naturally motivated
to answer the questionnaire because they want their pages indexed.  The save
function would automatically include the RDF descriptions in the file.  And there
should be a way to motivate the librarian types among us to write the
questionnaires.  And a distributed way for the questioners to become available to
your authoring tool in the context of the kinds of pages you are writing.  Yeah ..
and while your at it ... how about doing something about that Win(dows) ...

Seth Russell