Re: A triple is not unique.

Seth Russell wrote:
> If we do it the way you prescribe above, then yes "A triple is unique".   But
> my stating now that [Bush wonThe Election] is certainly different from (not
> identical to) the Electoral College stating [Bush wonThe Election].  Certainly
> the context of utterance is what gives a triple its unique identity.

I definitely agree with you on that.

> I think I stand on firm ground when I say that.  [Word&Object]  So if a triple is to
> represent a unique entity ("A triple is unique"), then we would need to
> Skolemize the entire node, the nodes to which it arcs and the nodes that arc
> to it.
>
> I disagree:  a triple is not unique.

A sufficiently smart application that crawls your Web site will not just
record

	[Bush wonThe Election]

The fact that this statement exists does not add anything to what we
already know.

Rather, the app will store something like that:

	[[Bush wonThe Election]  isSignedBy  <Seth's cryptographic signature>]
or
	[<Seth's URL>  contains  [Bush wonThe Election]]

For the above scenario, I don't see the need to Skolemize more than a
single statement.

Sergey