Re: RDF API convergence? was Re: ANNOUNCE: RDF.NET

On Sat, Nov 11, 2000 at 12:38:51PM +0000, Dan Brickley wrote:
> In the light of this and other implementation activities
> recently announced on www-rdf-interest, I reckon the time is fast
> approaching that we lock various RDF API implementors in a room and
> only let them out when there's a common strawman API.
> Opinions? (views from those with running code count double ;-)

Dan,

I think an effort like this is a great idea.  However,
given the relatively large list of recorded issues at:

  http://www.w3.org/2000/03/rdf-tracking/

and:

  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-rdf-interest/2000Sep/0240.html

I wonder if such an effort would be premature.  That is,
given that the "resolution" of some of these issues is
likely to result in changes/clarifcations in the RDF specs,
it seems like the issues should be "formally" addressed
first.

Art
---