Re: Semantic Web discussions lists: rdf-logic, rdf ig, www-talk, ...

Sean B. Palmer <sean@mysterylights.com> wrote:

>> But the Semantic Web will _be_ the Web - we're not talking about a 'new'
>> Web here, just finishing off the job with the existing one.
> I do realize that it is based on WWW architectures (DNS, URIs, etc.), but
> there is some separation in the main medium HTML=>XML=>RDF

I have to agree with Sean, here. While part of the attempt is to "finish off
the job" as you say, at some point, there is something fundamentally
different about providing information for machines, rather than providing it
to humans. This is what I see the semantic-web as.