RE: More On the Semantic Web (or: is RDF any good?)

See below.

CraigP

Yes. This is my point. We need to isolate people from these techy issues if
they're going to adopt it.

> However, it isn't hard to write a semantic document: I've just been
> preparing one, based on the SDF thing I'm looking into [and
> this is coming
> from someone who finds JavaScript "tricky"] ;-)
> The trick is to think about semantics and not presentation: what it is
> rather than what it looks like. It would be easy to write
> stuff to process
> it, and tools to create it. Needs a lot of work 'though...

True, it probably isn't hard for a person who is fluent in XML & RDF syntax,
etc... However, web-site designers are not going to want to play around with
XML/RDF (or whatever) to write their semantic code. They want drag and drop
- in essence. And this is the level of complexity we must provide. If, after
they've written a semantic document describing whatever entity they choose
to describe, they do not know what RDF is, then we have succeeded.

> Here's the code:

[SNIP]

CraigP
Research
Content Technologies

Baltimore Technologies, the market leader in e-security has acquired
Content Technologies, the market leader in Content Security.  For more
information visit http://www.mimesweeper.com/ct/default.asp, or
http://www.baltimore.com/ct/faq.html
This e-mail and any files transmitted are confidential and intended solely
for the use of the individual or entity to which they are addressed.
If you have received this e-mail in error, please call +44 (0) 118 930 1300.

MAILsweeper, a MIMEsweeper family product, has scanned this message
for e-mail content security threats. Be sure your organization is free from
e-mail and web content security threats. For information on policy-based
content security please visit: http://www.mimesweeper.com

Tel: +44 (0) 118 930 1300		Fax: +44 (0) 118 930 1301
E-mail: info@mimesweeper.com	Support: msw.support@mimesweeper.com
Web: http://www.mimesweeper.com	Web: http://www.baltimore.com

MIMEsweeper: Policy-based Content Security