RE: Model Digest Algorithm

At 02:25 PM 5/2/00 +0100, McBride, Brian wrote:
> >As Brian has already demonstrated, the XOR aggregator is not
> >sufficient
> >even for case (a).  The immediately evident problem here is
> >that (X XOR Y
> >XOR Y) == X, for all Y.  So how about using simple addition,
> >modulo 2^n, as
> >an aggregator?
> >

>There is a small subtlety here.  An RDF model is a set of statements.
>Sets have no duplicates, so no statement can appear twice.
>Cancellation is therefore less of a risk.

It was my understanding that while there could be no duplicate resource
names, there could be duplicate instances of a given property between the
same subject/object pair.

I think it would certainly be possible to describe this using multiple
reified statements with different statement resource IDs.

#g

Graham Klyne
(GK@ACM.ORG)