Re: How to restrict the possible values of a class?

Tom Van Eetvelde wrote:

> Hello Brian,
>
> That only solves half the problem as I still cannot state that the subclass DayRange only runs from
> 1 to 31. Try to write it down in RDF, you'll see that it doesn't work. Could this be a flaw in the
> RDF schema? In OO programming, one can make subclasses of a base class and in the subclass restrict
> properties of the base class to certain values. This is exactly what I am trying to do here, but it
> seems that RDF doesn't support this kind of construction.

It does not seem right to me that DayRange be a subclass of Range :
typically, Range is a class and DayRange is the instance,
but DayRange may ALSO be a class (in which case Range is a metaclass)

This is absolutely possible in RDF,
you just have to declare that Range is a subclass of class
(and that is IS also a class, as you did - both things are different !)

  Pierre-Antoine

--- Quid quid Latine dictum sit, altum viditur
    Whatever is said in Latin sounds important.