Re: RDF vocabularies

On Fri, 26 May 2000, Stanley Santiago wrote:

> Also, is there a location where I can find out what existing RDF
> vocabularies are available which
> I can use instead of reinventing the wheel.

I thought it worth mentioning a project I am involved with, SCHEMAS, which
is looking at this issue... how implementors of metadata schemas might
find out about existing schemas, and keep track of what vocabularies are
in use, are under development.

The project is not restricted to vocabularies expressed in RDF, and
has a bias towards supporting projects funded under the European
Commission latest programme.  We will be setting up a 'metadata registry'
to assist in sharing information, see

http://www.schemas-forum.org/

And for a look at a prototype 'metadata registry' see

http://desire.ukoln.ac.uk/registry/

Rachel

Rachel Heery
UKOLN (UK Office for Library and Information Networking)
University of Bath                              tel: +44 (0)1225 826724
Bath, BA2 7AY, UK                               fax: +44 (0)1225 826838
http://www.ukoln.ac.uk/