RE: better syntax effort - who could contribute?

It is good to see some energy for moving RDF forward and I
would be happy to commit to putting some effort into helping.

The other responses to your message are well taken.  I'm not
sure that a new syntax effort can move forward on its own.
It seems to me that there are three broad areas where remedial
work is needed:

  o Resolution of issues about the RDF model arising
    from the current specifications.  I would be concerned that
    an effort on a new syntax could be derailed if the model it
    is trying to represent is not clear.

  o Resolution of issues about the current syntax so that current
    implementations can be more consistent.

  o Design of a simpler and more regular syntax, whilst protecting
    the legacy investments that have already been made.

Implicit in the way I am thinking about this, is an assumption that
it would be good to move towards a separation of the model and the
syntax.

Brian McBride
HPLabs