Re: Parsers and rdf:Description

Perry Caro wrote:

> Stefan Kokkelink wrote:
>
> > I agree that the creation of a Bag for each Description
> > element isn't necessary in many situations (e.g for
> > retrieval) since it represents only the XML structure
> > of the RDF document.
>
> I disagree with the last statement. The way I would put it is that the
> rdf:Description is the XML serialization for a collection of statements with
> the same resource/subject in common AND for the bag of statements that
> result from reification of said properties.

Hmm, the following XML serialization and triple
model are equivalent (or better: the following XML is a serialization
of the given triple model):

XML:

<rdf:Description about="uri">
	<dc:creator>Karl</dc:creator>
</rdf:Description>

Triple model: (subject,predicate,object)

(genid1,rdf:type,rdf:Bag)
(genid2,rdf:type,rdf:Statement)
(genid2,rdf:subject,uri)
(genid2,rdf:predicate,dc:creator)
(genid2,rdf:object,'Karl')
(genid1,rdf:_1,genid2)
(uri,dc:creator,'Karl')

If this is true, most of the example graphs in the Spec are
false or at least incomplete?

Another problem: How does the XML serialization of the
follwing triple model look like?

(uir,dc:creator,'Karl')

Or is this not a correct model?

Well, I'm getting more and more confused about
the different ways of representing RDF ...

Stefan