Re: [Fwd: xmlns, uri+name pairs or just uris..? Clarification nee ded.]

"McBride, Brian" wrote:
> Namespaces are identified by a URI reference according to the
> namespace spec.  A URI reference permits a fragment identifier.

I'm sorry : I'm currently working at home, and do not have full acces to the W3C docs...
Anyway, my concern was : RDF recommendation needs namespaces to be *prefices* of URI references rather than complete URI references.

Even if the following is a valid URI reference (which I doubt)
  http://somewhere.org/something#
it stands for a reference to the fragment named "" rather than "any fragment of that URI", as it is used by curent RDF syntax.

  Pierre-Antoine