Re: [Fwd: xmlns, uri+name pairs or just uris..? Clarification needed.]

"Perry A. Caro" wrote:
> For any RDF processor that uses concatanation for expanded names, I would
> recommend the following best practice:  When an expanded name needs to be
> decomposed into its namespace and local parts, take the URI and do a reverse
> scan, character by character, from the end of the string, until a character
> is found that is not legal as an XML name, OR until a colon ":" is found.
> The last clause is necessary because ":" is legal in XML names.
> This practice broadens the field of well-formed RDF that processors will
> accept.  Why rule out "+" or "?" or "="?

sounds sensible.

> It would also be nice if the RDF Schema spec made a VERY STRONG
> recommendation that namespace URIs for RDF end in either "#" or "/". That,
> with the addition of ":", is what our internal namespace guidelines
> recommend.

yes but...
a URI can not legally end with "#" (according to the RFC)
and namespaces names must be URIs (according to XML Namespaces)
so there is a compliance problem here !

I guess XML Namespaces could allow URIs prefix instead of URIs,
and RDF could constrain its namespaces to end a linking character
(that is, character which are not legal in XML tags or ":")

  Pierre-Antoine