Re: RDF Frequently Asked Questions: input needed

At 06:12 PM 4/4/00 -0400, you wrote:

>RDF IG,
>
>We are currently gathering raw materials for an update to the RDF FAQ
>document, http://www.w3.org/RDF/FAQ
>
>I would be grateful for any grassroots input you can offer as
>implementors. What questions do you find yourselves asking (and being
>asked) most frequently?

Here's one I have, to which I've not yet found a fully satisfactory answer:

RDF claims to be built on well-established knowledge representation
techniques.  Which techniques, and how does RDF relate to them?  Please
provide references (preferably textbook rather than research papers).

#g

Graham Klyne
(GK@ACM.ORG)