Re: Call for success stories

On Tue, Apr 04, 2000 at 02:20:34PM -0700, Sergey Melnik wrote:
> Folks,
>
> people keep asking about how RDF is being used in the industry. I think
> we need a page/section listing some known success stories. There are
> definitely a few out there like epinions.com (Guha?), Adobe (Perry?),
> AGFA (Jos?), HP, DublinCore and Dmoz uses etc. This would give RDF some
> more visibility as a practicable technology. Must not be as fancy as
> http://www.corba.org/
>
> Anybody else around secretly building industry-strength products on top
> of RDF? ;)
>
> Dan, if this makes sense, could you coordinate it?

  I don't know if rpmfind service qualifies as an "industry-strength
products" but the RDF database of Linux package metadata
  http://rpmfind.net/linux/RDF/

 is the base for the rpmfind service and it's replication mechanism
 I've got nasty troubles with my logs lately but approximately
10% of rpmfind.net traffic are just RDf metadata fetches (approx
half a million fetches per month). The catalogs are also used to
build mirrors of the service or the HTML pages front-end like
  http://rpmfind.net/linux/RPM/

 but I have no estimate for the number and popularity of mirrors.

 Daniel

--
Daniel.Veillard@w3.org | W3C, INRIA Rhone-Alpes  | Today's Bookmarks :
Tel : +33 476 615 257  | 655, avenue de l'Europe | Linux XML libxml WWW