RE: RDF Queries?

Franklin,

I would start by looking at some of the papers from last year's W3C Query
Languages Workshop.

IBM's proposal for RDF Query is the most concrete, although even it is
pretty sketchy; it is
more focused on giving examples than providing a formal definition:

http://www.w3.org/TandS/QL/QL98/pp/rdfquery.html

RDF Query is very close to the set of functionality in which I'm interested,
but
unfortunately I haven't seen any implementations yet.

There is also a lot of interest in using RDF as the basis for an inference
engine:

http://www.w3.org/TandS/QL/QL98/pp/queryservice.html
http://www.w3.org/TandS/QL/QL98/pp/enabling.html

The W3C has just announced the formation of an XML Query Working Group
(http://www.w3.org/XML/Activity.html#role), but I suspect this group will
initially be focused on a general XML query language.

-Daniel

Daniel Lipkin
Senior Architect
Saba