RE: A simple question on RDF Querying ...

Good question. Both behaviors (returning p2 vs. not returning
p2) would seem to be appropriate at different times. Here's
a couple of scenarios, assuming p1 is the Dublin Core creator
element.

1) John Doe wants to search an RDF store of bibliographic information
for works written by his favorite author, J. Smith.  He searches
for statements where the predicate is dc:Creator and the object
is "J. Smith".  His database also searches for statements whose
predicate is known to be a subProperty of dc:Creator.

2) Jane Doe is analyzing the growth of the Dublin Core and its
mapping to other bibliographic standards. She searches her RDF
store for dc:Creator arcs and counts them. She also counts occurrences
of properties such as x:Illustrator that are subProperties of
dc:Creator.

I think a query language MUST provide functionality for the
second usage, and SHOULD provide an operator for the first case.

Regards,
Ron