Re: Faceted search tools

Mark,
I tried out the SIMILE datasets yesterday. My system is designed to be
general purpose, and as expected the navigation worked as per my
expectations. Some issues cropped up in other parts of Haystack, as
Prof. Karger mentioned in his e-mail earlier today. Otherwise, the only
effort involved in getting SIMILE data running in Haystack involved
converting the schema to rdf and loading the data into Haystack.

I am however interested in more detailed expectations of how you would
expect the system to perform on the SIMILE dataset. If possible, I would
like one or two, detailed, click-by-click, scenarios of a person
browsing the system. I want to make sure that I have not made any
trade-offs while designing a general-purpose system.

Vineet