RE: More History comments

> This could prove to be a
> scalability issue; if every minor change in the archive
> results in a lot of things having a different situation, then
> the history system will rapidly become an enormous corpus of
> data.  Maybe that's OK.  My point is that as far as I'm aware
> this vital issue hasn't been looked at even vaguely in the
> original or current work of the History system.

The original History System work did indeed consider this, as well as some of the issues raised here regarding hash-based naming and differences among situations.
For example see [1].  I am encouraged, though, by the vigor of review that we are seeing in this discussion, which complements that prior work.

[1] History Requirements
    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-rdf-dspace/2003May/0099.html