Re: Comments on history system descriptive note

On Fri, 2003-05-09 at 10:24, John S. Erickson wrote:

> Andy wrote:
>
> > All these syntaxes are just different ways of writing the
> > edge list of the graph down.  Visual picture of graphs can
> > be useful too but they don't scale and they don't do well
> > in text emails.  N3 does have a clear(er) syntax and
> > can be used in a frame-like way.  Personally, I don't find
> > that N-triples scale any better than images of graphs...
>
> I think it is clear that *either* N3 *or* graphical representations are more
> intuitive than XML. Wouldn't N3 be easiest in email, wiki, etc. discussions,
> esp. where iteration on an example might be required?

N3 is fine for email. But for all 'official'? SIMILE documents, I would
strongly suggest using the XML serialization.

IsaViz - http://www.w3.org/2001/11/IsaViz/

semantic web activity lead               http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/
w3c world wide web consortium            http://www.w3.org/